PR Admin    HyperLink HyperLink
You are here >> Skip Navigation LinksHome : Business : Helpdesk : Helpdesk
Setting Up Your Business
Market Research & Statistics
Top 10 Frequently Asked Questions

1 – What is my first point of contact for business related matters?

Seychelles Investment Bureau (SIB) [] is the first point of contact for all matters relating to investment and business. If you are interested in business enterprises base at home, you should contact Small Enterprise Promotion Agency (SEnPA) [] and if you are interested in the offshore sector, you should contact Seychelles International Business Authority (SIBA) []. You can also contact Seychelles Licensing Authority (SLA) [] for licenses information.

2 – As a citizen, how do I start my business?

Go to Starting up your business for detailed information.

3 – As a foreign investor, how to I start my business?

Go to Foreign Businesses for detailed information.

4 – What investment areas that are reserved only to domestic investors?

Some investment areas are classified as Restricted Investment Areas in order to protected the domestic market and other investment areas are classified as Strategic Investment Areas because the government categorised them as important national investment areas and that citizens and foreign investors need to satisfy certain criteria in order to invest in these areas. Go to Investment Areas

5 – What types of government incentives are available?

Incentives in the following sectors are provided by the government. >>more

6 – I would like to know information regarding taxes?

Go to Taxation information for more information.

7 – How can I raise funds in order to start up or expand my business?

There are 2 ways for you to raise fund. You can apply for a loan (borrow money) from a bank. For example, Barclays bank (Seychelles) Ltd provides a Business Solution package. The second option is equity financing, whereby you sell some of your business shares to third parties.

8 – As a foreign investor, what immigration permit do I need in order to operate a business in Seychelles?

In order for you to operate a business in Seychelles, you need to apply for a Gainful Occupation permit (GOP). >>more

9 – What schemes or financial assistance are provided by the government to young entrepreneurs?

The government provides several schemes to assist young people who want to set up a business. One of the most important schemes is the Youth Enterprise Scheme (YES) provided by the Ministry of Finance. Other schemes include the Agriculture Development fund (ADF) if you are interested in setting up a business in the agriculture sector, the Export Marketing Scheme (EMS), the Refinance Scheme for Export and the Small Business Finance Facilities (SBFF).
You can also contact the Development Bank of Seychelles (DBS) which offers long term lending facilities at concessionary rates for productive projects. DBS finances new, modernization and expansion projects in the fields of agriculture, fisheries, industries, services and tourism. The bank also finances construction of shops and commercial buildings

10 – Can a citizen invest in the offshore sector?

It is possible for a citizen to invest in the offshore sector.
Please contact the Seychelles International Business Authority (SIBA) for more information.

             Help Desk

SIB Tel: +248 295500
Top 10 FAQ